PLEASE NOTE: Regretfully, we now find ourselves in a position where we are no longer able to process new memberships (email or post). We apologise for this unfortunate situation and any inconvenience this may cause.
Who we are
and what we do...
We are a National Self-Help Organisation helping people cope with their Depression.
Our charity is run by a team of 5 or more volunteers who welcome you to join us.
Depression UK promote mutual support between individuals affected by or at risk from Depression.
We enable members to share their thoughts and problems with fellow suffers.
Depression UK members know better than any non-depressed professional or carer, what it really feels like to suffer from depression.
We are here to help.
We offer a range of services to our members to enable them to facilitate sharing of experiences, storytelling and friendships.
Penfriend Scheme, Zoom Chats & More.
- Offer friendliness and understanding to anyone troubled by depression, to help him or her overcome their illness.
- Offer mutual support and encourage self help.
- Overcome the isolation felt by many people with depression.
- Help break down the stigma attached to this illness.
- Maintain the confidentiality of members at all times.
- Attempt to meet the needs of sufferers not covered by health professionals.
- Neither give medical advice nor endorse any medical treatment or product.
What our members say..
Your donations enable us to improve our services and offerings to our members. We are forever grateful for all of the donations we receive.
A short animated video - D.UK
Penfriend explainer video